Our excellent facilities mean that your pet is always able to receive top quality treatment
As a devoted and loving pet owner, you want to ensure that your pet stays healthy and happy for as long as possible. However, if for any reason they fall ill and require extensive investigations or treatment, you can rest assured that they will be in the best possible hands at Monument Vets.
Should your pet ever require an operation, whether that is a straightforward procedure or something more complex, this will take place at our Redruth practice, but we also do routine neutering at our Camborne branch. All routine surgery is conducted here, where our skilled veterinary surgeons have access to our extensive facilities and practice laboratory.
Our facilities include:
- A fully equipped operating theatre. Your pet’s treatment will be carried out using sophisticated technology and equipment to ensure the best possible results.
- Closed circuit anaesthesia. Your pet will be closely monitored by our highly trained and skilled veterinary nurses throughout their procedure, to ensure their safety at all times.
- Digital X-ray and ultrasound facilities. If we suspect that your pet may have broken a bone or swallowed something that is causing them harm, a simple x-ray or ultrasound scan can provide the answer and prompt an efficient course of action.
- Ultrasonic dental descalers. These are more efficient than the standard handheld descalers, leaving your pet with an even cleaner and healthier mouth.
- Electrocautery facilities. If your pet has a tumour or excess tissue that needs to be removed, we are able to use sophisticated technology to effectively freeze or burn away the affected mass with no damage to the surrounding area.
- In practice laboratory. If we need to carry out blood tests or additional investigations on your pet, our lab facilities mean that we can obtain and analyse the results quickly and avoid prolonging your pet’s discomfort.
- Induction loop amplifiers. We have installed induction loop amplifiers at both Redruth and Camborne surgeries to allow our clients with hearing aids to participate more fully in consultations, general conversation, ordering prescriptions. To use please put your hearing aid into the “T” or “MT” mode.